Monday, January 10, 2011

We're BACK!!

The Christmas break is over and now it's time for another semester of college classes. Megan and I are sitting here in our EMPTY apartment trying to think of things to do before classes start tomorrow morning. So far, we have taken our Christmas tree down, ordered pizza, made a WalMart trip, and ate the said pizza. We also turned Elise's old closet into the "Christmas Closet." This brings us to the present. We are planning an evening full of fun including a dance party and a little Grease ... if we finish preparing for our vigorous day of classes tomorrow.

I (Julie) had a wonderful Christmas break! I was busy observing physical therapy and also working for the first week of break. From there, I spent a week with my family in Okoboji and we had a great time playing games, swimming at the indoor pool, and opening gifts. Right after we got back from Okoboji, I went on choir tour for a week, and just got back tonight. It was a lot of fun, and I was able to see some friends and family that I had not seen in quite some time! It's weird to me that I just finished my last choir tour of my college carreer -- I'm getting old! So now it's time for me to buckle down and get back to the books as this semester is going to be a little bit harder than originally anticipated. God has blessed me with a fantastic senior year so far, and I am excited to see what He has planned for me this semester!

I (Megan) also had a wonderful Christmas break! I spent a lot of time with my family. Most of this family time was spent playing Mexican Train with dominoes (it's my new favorite game). I also babysat and subbed for an 8th grade teacher, which was very different for me. Middle school is definitely an experience! (Good luck, Steph!) My project over break was to sew an apron. Yeah, that's right. With a sewing machine and everything! I wanted to make an apron for my cousin Staci because she's been asking for one for quite some time, and my grandma challenged me to sew one. I think it turned out pretty decent! I struggled with finding things to do the last few days of break and am very thankful to be back! Although the empty room makes me miss a four amazing girls, I'm looking forward to this semester. I'm ready to get back on a schedule.

We hope you girls are having a great start to your student teaching/Chicago semester!! Know that you are very loved and missed!

Love from your roommates,
Julie and Megan

2 comments:

  1. Awwww this made me laugh and really really really made me wish I was there with you two :( I miss you both!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Christmas treei is gone??? Sad day-I guess Christmas can't last forever-haha. Have a GREAT day tomorrow- I'm off to bed- lame butt me- 6:15 comes WAY to early- when I get back you can NOT let me stay up late- I'm a boring ole teacher now :) LOVE YOU BOTH!! KEEP IN TOUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim- how do you spell "Christmas tree"?? Anyways, it sounds like you two are getting off to a fabulous start:) Christmas closet...that's funny:D Save a seat for me at the table and a few slices of pizza...I'll be back soon:) Miss you both so much!

    ReplyDelete